Monday, May 11, 2015

Smoked 2

Oh, hi there! Been a while since I last posted–busy at the job that earns me the monies, then was in Chicago all this past week for a conference. Managed to take a few photos during my down time there, so I’ll be posting a few of those shots in the near future. For now, here’s one from my very own Saint Paul when the morning sun was just high enough to start hitting the buildings in the foreground. That body of water in the foreground would be the Mississippi River, and the smoke is coming from District Energy, which was recently cited by the UN’s “District Energy In Cities: Unlocking the Full Potential of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy” for its use of biomass, thermal storage and solar arrays to produce 289 megawatts of heat annually while   reducing CO2 emissions by 280,000 tons.

To check out a color version, hit up my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment